Monday, June 13, 2011

Changing It Up

I am not sure what the dealio is with the football references lately... maybe it is the hot summer months that have me thinking about the bliss of the fall. COLD, WE MISS YOU! Well, I do anyway.

In the movie, Remember the Titans, Herman Boone is taking a newly integrated football players and making them a championship team. At their summer training camp, he is yelling at them during practice: WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE WAY WE RUN! WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE WAY WE EAT! WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE WAY WE TACKLE! WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE WAY WE WIN!

After remembering this scene today, I thought of two things. One, I am so glad is not the norm for chicks to play football. I would have either told off Coach Boone or sat on the sidelines and cried. Two, sometimes if we want dramatic results in our life... that's right... we have to change some things up.

To say that I have to change EVERYTHING about my life to achieve happiness would be both overwhelming and impossible. However, I am seeing distinct areas in my life where God is saying, "That... that right there... needs to change." Sometimes change is about thinking out of the box, getting more creative, working smarter and not harder.

So, I think I will. Life's getting more exciting by the minute...

2 comments: